Fondacija ARKA te poziva da se prijaviš za Erasmus+ trening “Mindfulness for Tolerance”, koji će se održati od 10. do 19. marta 2020. godine u Poljskoj. Saznaj više o treningu ispod, kao i putem info paketa koji možeš naći ovde.
Mindfulness can often describe as “the psychological process of bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment”. Mindfulness can be also used as a tool to contribute towards tolerance and cultural intelligence. Therefore, we believe that being aware of our own ‘mental scripts’ and being mindful of them (& realizing them and the process around it), can greatly contribute for being more tolerant and mindful for other people, and fight stereotypes and prejudice. Even though some of youth workers already know the concept of Mindfulness, they very rarely use it in their work with youth, neither using it as a tool for promotion of tolerance and combating stereotypes and prejudice.
Aims of this training for youth workers are as follow:
- To equip youth workers with knowledge and practical skills of the Mindfulness technique.
- To discuss and discover how Mindfulness can be used to stop ‘working on mental pilot’ thus combating stereotypes and prejudice towards people from other cultures and countries (e.g. immigrants).
- To develop tools (lessons scenarios) for using Mindfulness for promotion of tolerance and cultural intelligence/cultural awareness.
Venue: Wisla, Poland
Dates: March 10th-19th (including travel days)
Costs: Accommodation and food (exclusively vegetarian) will be fully covered. Travel costs up to 275 EUR and insurance costs up to 15 EUR will be reimbursed during or after the training (keep your original tickets and invoices). There is NO participation cost.
We are looking for 3 people from any city in Serbia for this training course who match the description below:
- Aged 20-35,
- Youth workers (not necessarily a certified one),
- Work with young people in local community/region/country,
- Eager to learn more about mindfulness in youth work,
- Excited to meet other youth workers from Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Romania and Ukraine,
- Ready to commit to the after-training activity (read more below),
APPLY by sending your name and surname, and a short motivation (all in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20th 17h (Belgrade time) the latest!
You can apply individually or as a group of three. If you are applying as a group, each member of your group must indicate their motivation.
AFTER-TRAINING ACTIVITY: Participants are required to share gained knowledge after the training course. Therefore the group from each country will be obligated to conduct a dissemination event for young people. During such dissemination event, the group will use newly gained skills and knowledge gained during the training. The dissemination event needs to be stationary (conducted face-by-face with young people in your local environment) and cannot be replaced with online activities. Such event needs to be conducted before the end of April 2020. Please note that conducting this activity is obligatory. Report from the event (photos and description) will be required.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.